About Me

My photo
Miami, Florida, United States
I'm a fully employed working girl, and college student working on a Business major. Living in Miami but grew up in NYC. I love hanging out with my boyfriend and friends, being out in nature, cooking & baking, creative arts (painting, reading, drawing, crafts), watching tv, going to the movies, playing video games, I love almost anything anime, doing stuff online, etc. My goal in life is to own my own business. I seek to find balance in my life.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Staying up late...

Well its after 5am and i'm up. i am used to being up late from habit. also recently working an overnight job got me more used to it. just about every night i lay down and relax and fall asleep for a little while and then wake up late. then i stay up and watch tv, doing stuff online, or whatever. then close to sunrise i go to bed. i dont know why. like i said being used to it and also since i'm not working again i have energy to stay up late. its also cold here in miami so i am keeping warm. i know its not as cold as it is up north where people are dealing with snow but for miami its cold. i grew up in new york so i am more used to cold and snow that many miami natives are but after not having been to nyc in a while i am not as used to the cold as i used to be.

Well even though i quit my job, and feel great about it, i am not wasting time. i have already been looking for a new job and hope i get another one soon. i did send my resume to a receptionist job today and i think they like me. we haven't interviewed yet but when they got my resume they emailed me and want to interview me, train me, and get a background/criminal check this week. i have no problems with background or criminal checks. since i am clean i laugh at those. i emailed them and responded to what they said. so i just basically have to wait for their reply and see when they want to interview me. even after they emailed i went back to check the ad they posted. i like to do that after i hear back from potential jobs. the ad was actually gone. i am thinking that they think i am a good match with them and so they must have taken the ad down. i have more than enough experience that they need for the job and also live close to them which is why i think they like me for the job. this job pays very well too so i really hope i get it. at the same time i am not stupid so i will be careful if this job is a scam for any reason but i have checked up on them and i think they are legit.

I will let my readers know what happens. wish me luck. anyone else out there on the job hunt now? i haven't done this in close to a year but i have gotten back into it pretty quickly. as for me right now i will be getting a snack and then going to bed. it'll be sunrise in about a half hour and i am also getting a little sleepy now. it's a new day and new things will be going on so i wish all my readers a good day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! keep us updated!

Luna said...

thanks, i will.

Anonymous said...

Any luck yet? I hope you find a great job soon. :)

Chocolate Lover said...

Good luck on the job hunt! I too am having sleepless nights and am up at strange hours! Hope it gets back to normal soon!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Best of luck in the job search, girl! Sleepless nights are no fun, trust me, I've been there. Hopefully everything will calm down soon and you'll be able to get some ZZZ's.

Have a great Wednesday evening!